The Australian fertiliser industry is a mature and highly competitive market environment. The challenge remains to create the advantage, becoming the preferred fertiliser supplier in an area, or grow your market share in a specific region.
Local broadacre production is relatively stable in Australia, with limited crop varieties grown, therefore there is little movement in base fertiliser requirements.
Fertiliser Use in Australia
(year ended 30 June 2017)
|Australian Bureau of Statistics||Area applied to||Amount applied|
|Main fertiliser grades applied||(‘000 ha)||(‘000 t)|
|Nitrate slow release fertiliser||1,635||151|
|Urea slow release fertiliser||2,471||291|
|Other nitrogen based fertilisers||2,082||288|
|Double and / or triple superphosphate||1,575||176|
|Other phosphorous-based fertilisers||3,752||359|
|Muriate of potash and / or sulphate of potash||1,872||140|
Where Growers Source Fertiliser
Factors that influences grower’s decision where to source their fertiliser from, may include the following:
- Price and finance options.
- Availability, including distance from distribution complex.
- Best suited nutrient composition.
- Dynamics of the loading and collection process.
- Marketing and representation.
- Customer partnerships, value and support.
Crommelin AgriCoatings® specialises in partnering with fertiliser manufacturers and distributors, to create a unique and realistic advantage.
Crommelin AgriCoatings® industry expertise is centred on fertiliser coatings and application systems, delivering the following advantages:
- Binder coatings to improve dusty fertiliser.
- Filler coatings to bind fines and friable surfaces.
- Coating options to maintain quality during extended fertiliser storage.
- Addition of micro-nutrients and/or trace elements in a simple one step process.
- 0.3% – 1% elemental value per tonne of fertiliser (up to 2.5% elemental value under specified conditions).
- On dispatch or as a pre-coat component.
Crommelin AgriCoatings® works in partnership with you to identify all areas of opportunity that can make a real difference.
Crommelin AgriCoatings® produces customised products and offers specific solutions, tailored to your plant and your requirements.